Marketing Asset Management (MAM) is the systematic use of a software solution for the management, control, tracking, and distribution of brand assets, marketing materials, sales tools and creative materials.
A MAM system manages items including sales materials (brochures, sales and data sheets, etc.), advertising materials (print, online, broadcast, or other media), catalogs, photography, branding materials, corporate videos —any finished or work-in-process document.
A MAM system also secures your source files, PDFs, Quark or Pagemaker documents, presentations, logos, photo and artwork and the like—anything a marketing group uses to market your company’s products or services.
MAM makes it easy for any marketing department to download, rename, backup, rate, group archive, optimize, maintain, edit and export files. Generally the asset being managed is collected and stored in a digital format, but physical assets also are managed using a MAM system.
Today, marketers must more effectively manage increasing quantities of marketing programs, materials and assets, often on a global basis with a diverse set of constituents, yet do it all with decreased budgets and a lean staff. Using a robust MAM system helps managers control a growing library of marketing materials with far fewer resources. Major corporations (those with the most marketing materials to manage) have become leaders in the adoption of MAM solutions.
An efficient, easy-to-use MAM system must accomplish the following:
- Unite electronic and print marketing assets in one system
- Manage assets easily and from within the marketing department
- Unify access from multiple sources, including sales teams, brokers, and freelance creatives
- Combine push and pull, including self-service and auto-notification of new materials
- Manage components and finished goods within the same system
- Easily reconfigure the system when needed for promotional programs, new product lines, and new marketing materials
- Collect data continuously from the field through a self-service library, surveys, tracking of who is using what, and submission of customer success stories
- Be quick to implement, easy to maintain, and rely on proven software
Even small companies can benefit from a powerful marketing asset management solution. The smallest RevBase customer (in terms of employees) has three employees. But the company works with large and sophisticated distribution partners and customers around the world. These business partners expect the company to provide online, secure access to project documents, drawings, and images. With RevBase, the company has a world-class resource center that is organized, up-to-date, and easy to use. And because RevBase is software-as-a-service, the company pays an affordable, no-surprises fee – and incurs no additional cost for systems, IT support, or storage.